Chiara 8B
Meeting Bruno for the first time.
Dear Diary,
When I first came to Auschwitz one of the soldier’s pen and paper fell on the ground and he didn’t notice so I took and that’s how I am writing now. For the soldiers not to see that I have it I hide it underneath a rock.
In Auschwitz I get hurt, I don’t get fed, I don’t get anything except waiting for my death to arrive. I was sitting beside the fence and I was just there sitting on the dirt and nobody to accompany me but I saw a boy and he saw me too. He sat down next to me and said hello and we exchanged our names. His name was Bruno and I told mine which was of course Shmuel. Bruno started to talk about how he was born in Berlin and then I say that I was born in Poland but I speak German because my mother is a teacher. All of a sudden Bruno told me that Germany is the greatest of all countries and I felt really shy after that comment had been made. He said that his birthday was on April 15 and then I realized that my birthday was on the same day as his and its was super wired for both of us.
Bruno started to ask me all kinds of questions like why am I wearing striped pajama’s? Why am I so skinny? Why are behind that fence? And I answered him. I said that they don’t feed they beat me up even when I haven’t done anything wrong. I told Bruno why I was wearing striped pajama’s and why I’m behind the fence so, I answered him and told him that the reason why I am wearing striped pajama’s is because I am a Jew and his reaction was shocking he told he had to leave and get ready for dinner.
So, when he left I didn’t know if he was going to come back to see me the next day or if he was going to come back at all.
Comments
Post a Comment